Sunday 15 November 2009

The First Session



So, with some excitement, the new campaign started. 8 hours of solid gaming. What geeks we are! And fun was had by all.
Because the session was a long one, I shall divide the story up into manageable chunks, to make it easier to read.


So, without any more chat, let's get on with the story.


The Curse of the Crimson Throne


Part 2: Enter the Heroes




Welcome back, friend. Let me continue my tale.




As you recall, I had scoured the city, looking for people who had suffered like me at the hands of Gaedren Lamm. And I found them. Seven people, all with a dark past. So I summoned them to me. And they came.


First was a young man named Veyron, dressed in brown robes. He had the look of a druid. He kept peering inside his robes and making peculiar noises. The thing is, his robes would answer back, in a high pitched screeching sound. Curious, I looked closer, and there, deep inside his robes, was hidden a small, peculiar lizard.


Next was Adam. He had skin as white as porcelain with hair to match. His eyes were pink. He had the look of a street fighter. His knuckles showed signs of scarring from many fights.


Reda was the third to arrive. She was not completely human. Her pointed ears suggested to me that she was part elf. She had a powerful bow strung across her shoulders, and her clothing and insignia stood her out as one of the Sable Company Marines - the rangers that ride hippogriffs and patrol the city's skies.


The next was a tall, muscular, handsome man. His regal bearing and gleaming armour was typical for a paladin of the goddess Iomedae. He introduced himself as Reg. A peculiar name for someone of such noble stature.




The fifth person was another member of the religious factions of Korvosa. This time, a woman named Baster. Her bright yellow robes marked her as a cleric of Sarenrae, goddess of sunlight and fire.




The penultimate person was a strange woman named Sabelle. I could sense spirits all around her, haunting her every move. As she went to pick up a glass of wine, the glass moved away from her hand. However, she simply sighed and reached for the glass. She seemed to be resigned to having the spirits around her. She claimed to be an oracle.


The last person to enter the room was a halfling named Kemar. He bristled with magical energy and I could tell that this was something natural, not something he had learned. His magic was something ancient, something primal. He was a sorcerer with an eternal fire in his eyes.


And so, they came. They sat at my table and they listened to my tale. The time had come to serve justice on Gaedren Lamm...

2 comments:

  1. I love this, so gonna be my favorite bedtime reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it. It's easy to write with such an inspiring group of people playing the main characters. You don't do anything by the book!

    ReplyDelete